Dentures are a common, safe, and effective tooth replacement option for many patients that are missing teeth. It’s important that you have a reliable set of full or partial dentures that look and feel natural.
Affordable Dentures in Tucson, AZ
Dentures are tooth replacement appliances that are used when a person is missing most, or all, of their natural teeth. This could be the result of an injury, declining oral health, untreated gum disease, or severe tooth decay. Dentures are a great way to still enjoy the benefits that come with healthy and natural teeth, such as chewing with ease. They are easy to use and offer a fast and effective solution to overcoming severe tooth loss.
At Art of Dentistry, we offer traditional dentures, fixed-hybrid dentures, and implant-supported dentures. They type of denture we recommend depends on each person’s unique situation and needs. We will work with you to determine the best option for your oral health.
How do I clean dentures?
Traditional removable dentures require proper care to keep them clean, free from stains and looking great. Below are some cleaning steps and things to avoid when using traditional dentures:
- Remove and rinse dentures after eating by running water over them to remove food debris and loose particles.
- Handle them carefully and don’t bend or damage the plastic or clasps when cleaning.
- Clean your mouth after removing dentures with a soft-bristled toothbrush.
- Brush your dentures once a day and soak them in nonabrasive denture cleanser to remove food, plaque and other deposits.
- Soak dentures overnight in a mild denture-soaking solution to keep them moist and so they hold their shape.
- Schedule regular dental checkups so your dentists can ensure proper fit, prevent slippage and discomfort, and check the inside of your mouth to ensure it stays healthy.
- Likewise, avoid abrasive cleaning materials, whitening toothpaste, and products containing bleach on your dentures, and hot or boiling water that could warp them.
What are the different types of dentures?
Dentures come in different forms: traditional (removable) dentures, fixed-hybrid dentures, and implant-supported dentures.
Traditional dentures are appliances that address major tooth loss. They are best for people who are missing all, or most, of their teeth. They hold in place by bracing around the remaining jawbone and bone tissue of the dental arch.
Fixed-hybrid dentures are a less expensive option to more permanent, traditional dentures and sturdier than snap-in-dentures.
Implant-supported dentures, also known as all-on-4 dental implants, refer to dentures that anchor into place using dental implants. Dental implants are artificial tooth roots and they are used to support dental appliances such as dentures or dental bridges, and sometimes dental crowns.Learn More About Dental Implants
What is the best denture adhesive or denture glue?
The Oral Health Foundation developed guidelines to guide dental health care professionals and patients on the use of denture adhesive creams. These guidelines are listed below:
- Patient satisfaction has become a decisive factor for the overall success of prosthodontic treatment in full-denture wearers.
- Denture adhesives can enhance the retention of, and reduce food accumulation beneath, well-fitting complete dentures.
- Denture adhesives can be beneficial to the patient. They may enhance comfort, provide psychological satisfaction, increase confidence and thus wellbeing, while increasing retention and stability, and improving function.
- The effectiveness of denture adhesives cannot compensate for significant denture deficiencies.
- Dental professionals should provide guidance and instructions to the patient on the correct application and use of the adhesive, and on removing it and cleaning the denture.
- The optimum time to advise on the use of an adhesive varies between patients. For well-fitting dentures it might occur at a review appointment, or for patients finding problems with compliance at the time of fitting or soon after.
What are fixed hybrid dentures?
Fixed hybrid dentures are a less expensive option to more permanent, traditional dentures and sturdier than snap-in-dentures.
Fixed hybrid dentures sit on top of the teeth and bones and secured with screws to the dental implant. These dentures tend to be more natural-looking and are a great solution if you have a combination of existing teeth you do not want to be removed and significant bone loss.
Personalized Quality Dental Services
As a sole practitioner, Dr. Bennett takes the time to ensure you receive a high quality of care on all dental services. From a simple cleaning to the latest cosmetic dentistry, we have the experience, skills, and technology to give you a healthy mouth and radiant smile. Browse all of our dental services or contact us to request an appointment today.